The Christian letter continued:
I am confident that each mortal, each one of us, is unique, different in multiple ways from every other mortal, as one snowflake is from another. It appears to me to be rude to try to get each of us into a “common box,” to demand that others should “be-like-me.” Each comes with their own personality and individual gifts, talents, inclinations, and dispositions; all of this even before our first mortal, earthly impacts.
However, each of us have common essential, basic parts of our makeup. These are the elements I am addressing.
I submit here a very real analogy for your pondering of these first three elements and their relationships to each other.
Attributes of the Loins: If likened unto the Hebrew Tabernacle, the Loins is the “Holy of Holies” shared only with the one of the same God-given Covenant of marriage.
- Sometimes the Loins physiologically cause feelings in the Heart that then surface to the conscious Mind.
- Should be exercised under the mastery of the Mind and the promptings of the Conscience and/or the Holy Spirit.
- Should not be authorized just because of a passing feeling to the Heart – sometimes referred to as lust.
- Should be exercised only when free from lust, selfishness, or force, or “anything like unto it.”
- Should only be exercised under the influence of pure love flowing from an unselfish, righteous loving heart with an appreciation for the highest feelings of the sacredness of the God-provided procreative power or to express mutual love.
(Elder Boyd K. Packer taught in General Conference, April 1994, that we mortals are given this reproductive urge to ensure that mortal bodies would be provided for each of His spirit children.)
The Heart-felt love of a man and a woman invites the Loins of both to be expressed. The two Loins unite in that sacred, holy union to produce the miraculous procedure we call conception to express their mutual love. The male Loins-produce seed(s) fertilizes the female-produced egg in that sacred “secret garden” (or “fruit of thy womb” – Luke 1:42) of the female Loins. The male thereby adds his contribution to Heaven’s plan for the continuing the creation of a body(s) to house an everlasting spirit-child of our Heavenly Father (See Hebrews 12:9). Those two mortal parents love and care for that child of God now in their hands. This then fulfils the Creators command to be fruitful (Genesis 1:28). (Each new-born has a Mind, a Heart, and Loins to be respected and loved like unto our own. (See Matthew. 22:39) (Just a thought-provoking question: Is it not possible that the one chosen seed is Divinely guided to its destination? For “with God all things are possible” – Mark 10:27).
- In a higher and noblier expression of their love for each other, the covenantal married couple, in a sphere well above and beyond a kiss, are united as one, and are truly thereby “one flesh” (See Mark 10:6-9)
- Hence, it is no wonder that Satan uses his full influence to thwart or destroy Father’s plan by abusing, contaminating, destroying, shaming, belittling, mocking, making-fun-of, and distorting any honorable perception of this sacred and holy procedure established by our loving, caring Heavenly Father! All of this is a favorite target of the Devil.
Having taught years ago The Science of Personal Achievement by Napoleon Hill I quote his most famous statement:
“Whatever the Mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve.”
Or, as I like to think of it,
Whatever the Mind of man can conceive and believe [in his heart] it can achieve [in life].”
A diagram of the analogy of the Mind, Heart, & Loins, our Three Essential, Most Basic, Mortal Bodily Parts:
Regarding the Loins: “You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can’t count the future apples in a seed.”
In this regard we might want to consider the Vital Elements of our Marital Relationship:
As with these three vital elements of each whole person, so with the marriage covenant. The male as the “head,” the female as the “heart.” The one cannot say to the other, “I have no need of thee” (See 1 Corinthains 12:20-26). Each lives their Divinely appointed role for a true fullness for their oneness. And when we couples are one, we are more available for His Spirit to guide us in our sacred family responsibilities. The male’s God-given attributes are to preside, provide and protect [the head]; the female’s God-given attributes are to nurture and nourish [the heart]. (See The Family Proclamation, 1995, by Prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.) Woman adds the dimension of love and compassion that would be greatly lacking without her. She truly is the heart of that marriage. (See 1 Corinthians 11:11) (Obviously each couple works out their own personal, working relationship, a unique relationship that fits the both of them.)
*The Arbinger Institute of Salt Lake City, Utah, founded by Dr. Terry Warner, Dept. of Philosophy, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, from whom I was first introduced to these concepts of the need to be submissive to our own internal promptings rather than having to rebel against ourselves by making excuses and/or blaming circumstances or even others.
*All Biblical references are of the King James Version and the few other references are published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, such as the Doctrine and Covenants (D&C), he Book of Mormon books, and The Proclamation to the Family,
NEXT: The Conscience or the Light of Christ